(as of Aug 20,2019 14:11:03 UTC – Details)
Here are the details of maps for Moss Side: Lancs Sheet 104.14a Moss Side 1889 – published 1996; intro by Chris Makepeace. ISBN.978-0-85054-780-1 Lancs Sheet 104.14b Moss Side 1915 – published 2011; intro by Chris Makepeace. ISBN.978-1-84784-521-4 These detailed early maps cover the Moss Side area of Manchester, still a district in its own right at the end of the 19th century. Coverage stretches from Northunberland Road eastward to Carter Street, and from Range Road northward to Stretford Road. Many streets of terraces cover the area but other areas include the west part of Green Heys. Features on the 1889 version include Pepperhill Farm,Chorlton Abbey, Crown Brewery, Albert Brewery, Penitentiary, LB Offices, St Mary’s church, tramways and depot, Manchester Football Ground, Hullard Hill Farm, Alexandra Brewery, etc. On the reverse we include street directory entries for Alexandra Road, Great Western Street, Moss Lane Upper, Upper Chorlton Road. On the 1915 version the area is even more built up with terraces and there is an extensive electric tram network. We include street directory entries for Greenheys Lane, Preston Street, Upper Moss Lane and Warwicvk Street on the reverse. The map links up with sheets 104.10 Manchester SW to the north, 104.13 Old Trafford to the west, 104.15 Victoria Park to the east and 111.02 Whalley Range to the south.