(as of Aug 04,2019 14:31:04 UTC – Details)
Here are the details of maps for Isleworth: London Sheet 96.2 Isleworth 1894 – published 1991; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-0-85054-427-5 London Sheet 96.4 Isleworth 1935 – published 2009; intro by Chris Docherty. ISBN.978-1-84784-243-5 We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years. Note that, as with most 1930s maps, the area east and south of the river, in Surrey, is left blank on the 1935 version. The map covers the village centre of Isleworth, including Lower Square, South Street, Manor Mill, Gumley House convent, Nazareth House convent, Isleworth Brewery, and extends north to include Brentford workhouse, Smallbury Green, Syon House and much of Syon Park; also site of Battle of Brentford. Tramways are shown on the 1935 version. East of the Thames on the 1894 map is part of the Old Deer Park, Kew Observatory, a few streets of Richmond around Kew Foot Road; in the NE is part of Kew Gardens, including Queen’s Cottage Grounds. This Surrey area is blank on the 1935 map.