(as of Aug 08,2019 19:11:02 UTC – Details)
Detailed map of Amble; Northumberland sheet 46.04.
Historical introduction by John Griffiths.
This detailed map covers the small coastal town of Amble, where the population rose from 247 in 1831 to 4,428 by 1901. It had become a significant port for coal export, and there was also a brick works on the quayside. Features on the map include the town centre, railway and station, wagonway, harbour (called Warkworth Harbour, but note the map does not include Warkworth itself), High Street, coastguard station, salt works, Amble Links. On the reverse we have a backing map which includes the North Pier, together with a directory of Amble in 1890.